Here’s what some of our patients are saying about the care they have received from our physicians:
"...I was impressed with Dr. Slawin's credentials. He is a world-renowned surgeon.. I was out of the hospital the next day, with minimal abdominal incisions. John Dodge, PA, Dr. Slawin's surgical assistant provided excellent guidance with my post-operative physical and sexual rehabilitation. I was very pleased with the results of my recovery. Today, 1 1/2 years later, I am cancer free. I was lucky to have met Dr. Slawin. "
- Paul R., BSME, MBA, JD of Houston, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy performed by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Excerpted with permission from www.drslawin.com/testimonials.
"...You and your staff went absolutely above and beyond what I had hoped for..while giving me the best possible.. care. My recovery is progressing well and I know I will continue to recommend Vanguard to anyone I speak to."
- Doug P. of Spring, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy in February of 2011 performed by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Excerpted with permission from www.drslawin.com/testimonials.
"...Ultimately, they discovered a clear cell carcinoma tumor, which had spread to the hip, spine, and thirteen places in the brain. Stage IV. I was quickly referred to Dr. Tung Shu for surgery… It was a successful surgery, easy recovery, a wonderful guy… Dr. Shu is the real deal. If he sees you in the hospital, he will remember you. He will stop and visit. If you are admitted for some reason, and he knows it, he will be by to check on you. I was lucky to find him. Again, he is one of my heroes. ."
- Bill B. of Lake Kiowa, Texas who had a Radical Nephrectomy in February of 2008 performed by Dr. Tung Shu. Excerpted with permission from www.tungshumd.com.
"... I wanted to find a Urologist that specialized in prostate cancer that I felt I could trust my life with. My family urologist referred me to the Vanguard Urologic Institute, specifically Dr. Kevin Slawin. Words cannot express the appreciation my wife and I have for Vanguard. In our humble opinion, they are the best. Dr. Slawin and his team create an environment of personal care seldom heard of in the medical field. They are head and shoulders above the rest. Thank you to everyone at Vanguard, from the receptionist that greets us each time with a smile, to the handshake and smile Dr. Slawin gives us every time on our follow up visits."
- Dan M. of Humble, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy in October of 2010 performed by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Excerpted with permission from www.drslawin.com/testimonials.
"... I should be your "poster boy" on recovery and post-op. I have done exceptionally well, surgery on 9/20 and foley out on 9/27. I cut a "super light" Serenity Pad in 1/2 and that lasts all day--another at nite. Sometimes they remain completely dry. Walking everyday since surgery with no limits. I have excellent flow and great control of my bladder.... I'm a surgeon... as I shared with you before, I looked at several other prominent robotic surgeons -- you were an easy choice!... Thank you for your work! If ever you want a personal reference for another patient--feel free to pass along my name."
- Duncan R. of Plano, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy in September of 2010 performed by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Excerpted with permission from www.drslawin.com/testimonials.
"... When I learned of my prostate cancer, my very high PSA and Gleason scores, I was very worried about my future. Once I decided to undergo the laparoscopic procedure under your care, everything has gone so well, so smoothly, certainly beyond my expectations. I was up and walking the day of the surgery and went home after a big breakfast the next morning... I recovered sexual function within ten days. I have minimal urinary incontinence that improves every day... Thank you for your work!"
- Greg G. of Austin, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy in July of 2010 performed by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Excerpted with permission from www.drslawin.com/testimonials.
"... Six days before my 78th birthday, Dr. Shu performed robotic surgery for removal of my cancerous prostate... Dr. Shu had all the confidence in the world and shared it with me... I have been in healthcare for over 60 years and worked with doctors everywhere from Korea, to being a surgical scrub nurse in the original Memorial Hospital, and he is the best doctor I have ever met... I am totally recovered with no after-effects in less than 5 months and continue my calling to help my fellow man thanks to God for using Dr. Shu!"
- Duane S. of Spring, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy performed by Dr. Tung Shu. Excerpted with permission from www.tungshumd.com.
"... Today marks the 17th day since my surgery. I feel good. I'm at about 85% of my energy level. This is my third day back to work. Only minor incontinence. I wear a small pad. It is improving daily. I am able to get erections. They are at about 75% of pre-surgery level. Overall, I am very pleased with the surgery and the results... I am pleased with the excellent job that Dr. Slawin and Mr. Dodge did on my procedure."
- J. V. E. of Houston, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy in June of 2010 performed by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Excerpted with permission from www.drslawin.com/testimonials.
"My husband was doing some web searches on Dr. Shu and ran across your story... It really made me and my husband feel even more confident that I am in the best hands for my surgery. I can already tell that Dr. Shu is an amazing doctor and a good person all around... I knew I liked Dr. Shu the first day I met him when I realized he had a sense of humor... I am doing well and back to work full-time. The path report from Dr. Shu confirmed that I had RCC - clear cell carcinoma stage 2, so it was caught early... When I left the hospital, I was preparing myself for Chemo, but the surgeon called me five days later and said the full path report came back negative for cancer."
- Cynthia B. of Houston, Texas who had a Nephrectomy performed by Dr. Tung Shu. Excerpted with permisson from www.tungshumd.com.
"Excellent Doctor with a thorough understanding of his field. Excellent PA assistance (John & Pat) and a very friendly front office staff. Visited 3 other doctors prior to Dr. Slawin and hands down the best overall professional environment to put trust in my health problems."
- Frank H. of Spring, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy in February of 2010 by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Retrieved verbatim along with a 4 out of 4 star rating at www.vitals.com/doctor/profile/1235162884/reviews/1235162884.
"I am a 60 year old physician who is about 6 weeks out from robotic prostatectomy performed by Dr. Kevin Slawin. For me, it was important to have a rapid recovery time to resume work and still benefit from a successful operation which I believe robotic surgery provides... I got Dr. Slawin's name from a friend whose neighbor had this surgery earlier this year and he highly recommended him and his staff to me... Several aspects of Dr. Slawin's surgery were appealing to me. Not only excellent robotic experience [over 750 cases] but operating with the same assistant, John Dodge, PA-C, for many years... My surgical and hospital experience exceeded my expectations...The morning after surgery I was discharged with very little pelvic discomfort... Had I not taken vacation time to "recover" I could have returned to work on day 9 but started back on day 12 with no problems. My urinary leakage was not initially bad and improved daily with no leakage by postop day 17 and I've been without pads since."
- David W. of Houston, Texas who had a Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy in 2008 by Dr. Kevin M. Slawin. Excerpted with permission from www.drslawin.com/testimonials.
back to top