Vanguard Urologic Institute (VUI) web sites are intended to provide general educational information about services offered by VUI and to help users arrange more easily for those services. Information on VUI web sites is written by faculty and staff affiliated with VUI, while other information may be from sources outside of VUI.
You assume full responsibility for using the information on VUI web sites, and understand and agree that VUI is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or damage resulting from its use by you or any user. While we try to keep the information on this site as accurate as possible, we disclaim any warranty, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. VUI also does not warrant that access to the site will be error free or virus free.
Copyright law protects material on VUI web sites. Reprinting or otherwise reproducing any document in whole or in part is prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the copyright owner.
If you are a healthcare consumer who chooses to use the health related information on VUI web sites, you should not rely on that information as professional medical advice or use it to replace any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. VUI web sites are not an attempt to practice medicine or provide specific medical advice and do not establish a doctor-patient relationship. Health-related information on VUI web sites should not be used to make a diagnosis or to replace or overrule the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.
Users of VUI web sites should not rely on the information contained in any VUI web site for emergency medical treatment. Users should consult with a qualified healthcare professional for answers to specific health related questions.
Some VUI web sites may allow you to enter your personal health information. Any personal health information you submit electronically to VUI web sites is done so voluntarily. VUI will not use or disclose your personal health information without your written consent or authorization, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
The privacy of our customers is important to the Vanguard Urologic Institute. We understand that visitors to sites within the Vanguard Urologic Institute domain, vanguardurology.com, need to be in control of their personal information.
- Your personal information is not required to visit our site. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still visit the vanguardurology.com pages.
- Access to some areas of our site may require appropriate authorization. In that case, your unique user ID and password is required.
- Access to some areas of our site may require some of your personal information. In that case, this personal information will only be collected if specifically and voluntarily provided and authorized by you.
- The Vanguard Urologic Institute may collect personally identifiable information only if specifically and voluntarily provided and authorized by you.
- The Vanguard Urologic Institute may use third-party services or programs to collect or maintain any voluntary personal information you may choose to provide us.
- Personally identifying information collected will be used only in connection with vanguardurology.com, or for such purposes as are described at the point of collection.
- Some information collected is for statistical purposes only. The Vanguard Urologic Institute performs analyses of user behavior in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of our sites.
- The Vanguard Urologic Institute will make every reasonable effort to protect the personal information that you share with us as outlined in our Internet Security Policy.
- You do not need to have cookies enabled to visit vanguardurology.com.
- A cookie is a small piece of information that is sent to your browser, along with a Web page, when you access a Web site. A cookie might track the pages you've visited, and the date when you last looked at a specific page. There are two kinds of cookies. A session cookie is a line of text that is stored temporarily in your computer's memory. Because a session cookie is never written to a drive, it is destroyed as soon as you close your browser. A persistent cookie is a more permanent line of text that gets saved by your browser to a file on your hard drive.
The Vanguard Urologic Institute's Internet Security Policy:
- The Vanguard Urologic Institute takes reasonable efforts to safeguard any voluntary personal information you provide us by using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards based on industry standards and best practices.
- While we may use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software in some cases to protect the security of your information during transmission, you should know that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed absolutely secure.
- The Vanguard Urologic Institute e-mail functionality does not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. You should take any appropriate steps to assure yourself that your communication is protected.
The Vanguard Urologic Institute uses both session cookies and persistent cookies.
The Vanguard Urologic Institute will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
back to top